Thursday, April 30, 2015

Never too old to set another goal.



Last weekend, I partied with my friends in Vegas. (And by party I mean ordered anything I wanted off the menu at the Cheesecake Factory. Then went to Walgreens for a new tube of a funky off the wall shade of lipstick. because thats what you do when you are young.) 

For Spring Break a few weeks prior I was in New York, visiting my best friend from high school. We had an amazing time despite my tired achy bones from taking the red eye, and her tired achy bones from fending off a cold her family so lovingly shared with her just before our gal pal retreat. So we were kinda lame that first day. and we went to bed around 10:30pm. About 15 minutes into night- night, we hear some sick beats on full blast coming from the bathroom down the hall. Our AirBnB flatmates were sexy 20-somethings, just getting ready to go out on the town. Ana, My bra-less heroine, busted down the hall to tell them to tone it down, cuz we were sleeeeeeeping. shhhhhh! They graciously turned down their music, and we fell back asleep. the end. 

The next morning. we felt so OLD that we would shut down such an event...
"SHUT IT DOWN, LADIES, there are moms sleeping in here!!"   
Ana described one of the girls to me, she had an amazing Fro and bright green lipstick. So I vowed to get a fun colored lipstick the next time I was away from home. cuz that would make me super wild and fun...

So back to last weekend, after dinner with the raddest carpool moms around, I told them my story and we all went to Walgreens to hunt down some youth. I found Orange, and Hot Pink, and Gold. We went back to our hotel room and around 10:30, we all put on some color, I helped a few of them dye their hair, we listened to loud music and then it hit me. I FREAKING LOVE BEING 30! Yes, I am way tired. but Life is amazing!! also, I look super ridiculous with a bright colored lipstick. But I have built a beautiful life, with an incredible man, we have darling children, we have plans, and ideas, and sometimes I get to have a weekend away to think about it all...
we talked about life and love and our goals and what we like about ourselves. It was so empowering and wonderful. 
The goals that these ladies shared with me made me a better woman. Holly wants to someday have a horse and have property for her kids to be responsible for.
Katie wants financial freedom and knows her business can take her there.
Merinda wants to be the best Grandma ever. Thus meaning she will be the kind of mom that her kids like to be around, to live by, and let their kids come over as often as possible.
To be surrounded by people that love her.
THE ULTIMATE GOAL.

I am so grateful for great friends that remind me what is truly important. and thats love.
and supporting each other in our different endeavors. Man you all are amazing. and I love you. Good luck with all you are working towards. I Believe in YOU!



No comments:

Post a Comment