Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Halfway through 2014...Wha?!?

This year is cruising.
and I wanted to document a few of the things I've been up to.

Lots of shows.
In April I was in the Full Fidelity Songwriters showcase in Salt Lake.
Brian Frates and Steve Phillips invited me up and we had such a wonderful time.
Everyone I know needs to go to these events. the venue is small and intimate, the atmosphere is endearing, and the talent these guys are bringing in is groundbreaking. Listening to Selja Sini and Matthew and The hope was an inspiration and so much fun!!!
Steve sent me this video from that night and I love it. great memories made.
 http://vimeo.com/95823799

In May, I opened for the Lovely Gabrielle Louise at the Music Barn in Parowan, Utah.
FIND HER! she is enchanting. seriously one of the most genuine artists I have ever met. Her new band THE DAMES is just getting started and I know they will be doing some fabulous things.

This Month has been my favorite so far.
{I try to only play one or two shows a month, its not a lot but its all me and the family can handle right now. Jon Butler is finished with school HALLELUJAH! and the kids are getting bigger so more playing shows should be easier soon. I hope.}
last week I went to Girls Camp in Beaver on Thursday, and Then Saturday hit up the NIBLEY CITY CELEBRATION!! It was wonderful. Like I found my people kinda wonderful.

In Nibley I played with Steve, Dutch and Ryan as a band. I am usually playing solo or as a duo with Steve and I gotta say the BAND RULES! it is a blast and I can't wait to book more gigs with these guys. Its a party. Thanks guys for being so fun. and Thanks everyone who spread the word on where I was to be playing, and especially THANK YOU FOR COMING!! you are making my summer one to remember. 

Tomorrow I am playing a little private show at East elementary for a summer camp. then the next show is July 11th in Boulder, Utah at the Boulder Heritage Festival. Life is really fun. I'm feeling so blessed to get to do what I love.
and its also really messy. Right now there are 6 little boys tornado-ing through my house as I type this. Rocko just asked me to find him more weapons so I should probably go watch them. ha! such a HAPPY SUMMER So FAR!!  and we are only half-way through. wow.  

No comments:

Post a Comment