Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Two Pins

The Rocky Mountain Folks Festival was mind boggling. and heart conjuring. and soul stirring and  wonderful and scary and full of happy and awesomeness. and I want to tell you all about it.
but first I wanted to share a new song.



 {the ten 2013 songwriter showcase finalists}
One of my most favorite things are story songs.
and one of my most favorite things to do as a songwriter is to write real life story songs. 
A few months ago I was commissioned to write a song for an Anniversary gift. 
I had never met the clients, the wife found me through a mutual friend and emailed me details about her and her husband. I got to know them through interviews and their blog and fell in love with their love. 
and I am so grateful for the opportunity to get to know them and create something special together. 



I recorded this a few weeks ago in the studio and think I may just find its way its on to the new album.  This is a rough mix but thought you may like to hear it.

Right before my second performance at the Rocky Mtn. Folks Festival, I ran to the bathroom and passed this giant map.
All the folks who attended got to place a pin from where they came from to represent themselves at the festival. Seeing this settled my nerves. It reminded me that all the pins, were just beautiful people. and even though there were a lot of them, we were all the same. I shared my Two Pins song in the Wildflower. and it was very sweet. I really do believe in a greater plan. and that God knows where and who we are. and I prayed that he knew about me at the Folks Fest. A few moments I really needed his help. Like when I was sitting in between Steve Seskin and Bill Nash holding my lip still so it would stop shaking so I could sing my song. and after my silent prayer, I knocked the sock off my songs. afterwards people came up to me to tell me how they loved my vibrato in my voice. I laughed to myself because I have ZERO vibrato {it was just nervousness.} This weekend was big. and I felt small at times. but Im growing and it feels exhilarating. and I feel so grateful for the opportunity to place my pin on this Giant Map.      

2 comments:

  1. I just decided I miss making comments on blogs. It's more personal somehow that facebook or instagram.

    I so admire how BRAVE you are. You are out there and up on that stage and making your life happen.

    I love this new song and this post. I had a moment once when life was not going my way - and as I was driving I cried out in a prayer of sorts wondering what the plan was. In a way I can't explain, I was answered with an understanding that God IS moving us where we need to be in our lives. At least when we're listening. And in that regard he's leading other people to us, too. It was such a profound moment for me, thank you for making me remember how it felt.

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah,
      Thanks for taking the time to blog comment. It takes real commitment to click all the extra links and such. I havent gone the extra blog mile for quite some time so it means a lot. I miss you. and I am so excited for you and your sweet family. your boys are so lucky to have you as a momma. and I know God is moving all of us. and I hope he moves us to the same place sometime soon!

      Delete